Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Colors of Behiang

I spent a large chunk of my life in Behiang but that’s not the only reason why I love this sleepy little village. Here are a few quotable quotes (or is it Unquotable quotes?) that make life so colourful in this border village. From the amusing to confusing; from the painfully honest to the intellectually stimulating; life in Behiang can be pretty challenging:-)

  1. The Complicated:
    -Hia ah eh pi bang eh a hia aw?
  1. The Confusing:
    -Pu, hiai na akpi uh a
    tal hia?
  1. The Simpleton:
    -No sangkah ding te pawl kuan pahpah ding in, ong ciah pahpah ding nai’ ve vua…
  1. The more-than-meet-the-eye:
    -Hia bawng eh koi thah ee?
  1. Or, the in-your-face:
    -Numeite pi khuai de tawh ki bang, baw leulou…
  1. The Painfully Honest:
    -Tu zan, tuivai lei a ka kiat lup suh, si
    lou deu…
  1. The Neighbourly:
    -NL, tua mihai zaate ong sut sawm uh le ut koh; nuamlo lua, ki haizo leh kilawm…
  1. Or, may-be-not-so-close:
    -Pawt khe koi un, nou nepali-te Ni (aunt) ding hi kha koi sing…
  1. The Brain stroming:
    -Pu, vom a mul a san in dye leng vom mah a ki ci lai dia..?
  1. The Super Brain:
    -A pucca road bawl uh nou,
    ann phou na ding in ki zen ta phet…
  1. The Diverse:
    -Vok thah thah thah ding; thah loh loh thah loh ding…

    -Tengkol a tui lai in tui sih, a tui
    lou lai in tui bou…
  1. The Geek:
    -My village, my water…(Ka khua, ka tui…)
  1. And finally the One Hundred Percent Confident:
    -E-ka-deh! Ka mai lah ung san lawh aa..!

(...to be continued.)

enjoi…

3 comments:

Zodawn Footprints said...

Heheheheheheee!!!!! Ka sim masah a bang genna chi thei lou ka sim kia leh thei pan, ka ofis uah ka tang in ka nui keuhkeuh! nuam him him, keep on continuing>

Behiang said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lyan said...

Some people have totally misunderstood what is being written here. I want to clarify that I was born and brought up in Behiang, and in fact, some of the quotes come from my own family! And, I must add here that I am very proud of them!

Plz. note that there's no intention to malign Behiang and/or its inhabitants. If you fail to find the humour in here, I can only offer you my sympathy!

Cheers!

If we could all just laugh at ourselves, in hard times or good times, it would be an incredible world. -Jena Malone