Tuesday, April 03, 2007

BE A SUCCESS

(While going through some of my old notebooks this past week, I found this short essay which I wrote for an inter-school competition when I was studying in Standard –VIII. By the way, it won me the first prize!)


In our day to day life, we used to use many platitudes to encourage each other never knowing the real meaning. Such platitudes are not only empty but are also dangerous.

We used to say that there is nothing impossible. But in reality there are many things which are impossible. Our wishes, dreams and hopes are proofs to those impossibilities. If everything had been possible there would be no wishes, dreams, hopes, regrets, surprises, sadness etc.

The fact is there are things which are in our reach and there are things which are simply beyond our reach. Our capability, our nature limits the possibilities. The criteria are defined by nature and one had to accept them. Thus it is not only a failure but a suicide to want something which is beyond our reach.

My father used to tell me the higher you dream, the higher you fall. Now I understand what he meant. If you are to be satisfied by reaching the moon while you aimed for the stars, let me remind you –you are a thousand million light years failure!

It is our insecurities which give rise to these sayings. We could make our life more secure by focusing on the small matters. Why should we give room to failure when we can replete our life with successes? We should focus on the next step that we are to take, after successfully taking that step we can focus on the next and so on.

Life is not a bed of roses. For every rose, there is a thorn. Removing the thorn one by one will make our journey called life a bed of roses all along. After all it is not the star that we hold, but the journey that we happily called life. ©lyan

2 comments:

Mizohican said...

Hi Lyan,
Are you from the zohnathlak group? If so, i've added you to my blog under mizo bloggers, if you u dont mind. Let me know if its ok. Great blog dude.

-Kima.

Lyan said...

hi kima,
i'm not exactly a mizo but the reverse. anyway it's the same. and thanks for linking me up.

Would you mind if i put up a link to your site in mine.